As of November 5, 2018, Paper Support has moved to join WeTransfer Support. This article is no longer being updated. Please click here for the current version of the Backup and Restore Support Article.
The Backup service available in Paper 2 and Paper 3 was shut down Tuesday March 27, 2018 at 11 AM EDT. You will be able access and restore backups created before the 27th, but we will no longer be creating new backups of content you create after this date. Backing up your device to iTunes or iCloud will ensure the safety of your content.
Where is my data stored?
Backed up Spaces are stored on FiftyThree's own secure service.
Who can see my backed up Grids?
- Your backed up Grids are only visible to you. No one else will have access to them.
Where do I see my backup status?
- The “Backup and Restore” page in “App Settings" provides current backup status.
I need to restore my content on an iPad or iPhone. How do I do this?
- To restore your content (Grids and Cards) on a fresh install of Paper, log in to your FiftyThree account.
- You can access the full list of backups available by tapping the "Restore Backups" button. This button is only visible if there is more than one backup to choose from.
Can I restore my Grids at any time?
- Yes, you can restore your Grids created before March 27, 2018 at any time while you are using Paper. Make sure you are signed in to the correct FiftyThree account and tap on your profile picture in the top-left, then on the gear icon. Tap on Settings > App Settings > Backup and Restore and then “Restore Backups”. This will take you to a list of backups that you can choose from. When you perform a restore, any content that is currently in Paper will be deleted and replaced with the restored content. Please note that “Restore Backups” will be visible only if there are other backups for you to restore from. You will not be able to see the current backup for the current device.
What happens if I created some Ideas before logging in to my FiftyThree account and restoring a backup?
- If you created a few ideas before logging into your account and log into an account that has a valid backup, you will be presented with the Restore Ideas screen. Paper can merge ideas create in a logged out state with your most recent backup.